Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > matco tools dropped autel
matco tools dropped autel

5743 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-18 06:19:41

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck
    2015-07-10 12:58:38

my tool dealer just informed me that matco tools is no longer going to sell or support the autel .

this looks like some serious bad news...

I sure hope everyone chimes in on this....even if you never posted before, please !!!

bill

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-10 13:20:13 (Reply to:billymck)

wow my matco supplier just sold me a launch scan pad 101 but never mentioned it...Hmmm.... if you go online to the new catalogue you will find Autel Scanners

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003

2015-07-10 17:24:32 (Reply to:912guy)

If this is true, I don't  blame matco tools once bit.  I wouldnt put my name on the line when it came to Autel lately.  They have so many excuses.  Autel and everyone thinks pats, and nats, and immobilizers are illegal to acess yet snapon solus ultra can program keys and remotes seamlessly.  Plus I have emailed support two days ago and still have not gotten a reply

Ryan

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-07-10 20:50:47 (Reply to:billymck)

Matco is a big seller of Launch products, they sell the Maximus which is basically a Launch X431 Pad, I don't remember ever seen the Autel scanners in their brochures but I see Cornwell always having them in the other hand.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-10 23:51:57 (Reply to:billymck)

I  can't blame anyone for doing so, if i was a tool dealer i would probably be doing the same thing. I have only sold a few of them to friends and relatives and one neighbor, I don't know why i always got be selling stuff. I thank god this people love me or I will be in a heap of trouble right about now. I hope autel's silence in the last 2 days is a good thing  and they have come to realize how important we are to them and don't take our sacrifices for granted. 

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck
    2015-07-11 14:50:25 (Reply to:912guy)

um....if you go to the main matco site you will see what the real deal is just go into diagnostic scan tools and look through the 14 pages and see for yourself, nothing!!!! gone!!! . i'v been a tech for over 30 years and seen this happen a few times...companies like this can and will pull out of the usa market and stick local. I think the entire forum should know whats happening. however things can still turn around to the good. YOU ASK HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?? very simple...first get about 50 or so "beta/or software testers" to be in direct contact with a support team for the software. and to give a day by day logging and input from those users as to what the problem/error is and any other valid input that will help. just so all of you know the autel is better than the "other side" by a mile, BUT IF THE SOFTWARE END OF THINGS DON'T GET STRAIGHTENED OUT REAL QUICK THEN ITS OVER.  I like working with my maxisys mini so much that I am willing to devote 2-3 hours each day and upload, report, give my input as to what I see happening with the scanner that needs to get fixed.

I truly believe that if we get at least 20 or so "ede65" we could turn things around...anyone interested?, anyone have advise for me as to who I can contact (um...the right people please) to pledge my support and get things rolling...

note: I work on everything....gm, chry, ford, Volvo, audi, bmw, everything!!! ...so i'm in a real good position to give much needed feedback to the support team....

and last but most critical....the support team needs to get real serious......instead of answer a support phone call in by initiating the call with "what" .... it is that attitude that caused matco's decision. ....

so what now, people of the autel forum

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-11 15:34:58 (Reply to:billymck)

I am up for the task if invited, offered to. I can dedicate some time to this tool as well and I do also love this tool. matco's right about the way they answer their  calls saying (what) on top of that add the accent (no insult intended, but true) and you will think you have just called  afflac, the insurance company and they had let their  duck answer the phone for them seriously. I mean no insults or disrespect to them but it is like that. they need a more professional staff than that dealing with their customers.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-11 16:38:26 (Reply to:ede65)

also need some of the beta tester to have the original manufacture tool to compare it with, otherwise he/she will not know if a function or feature is missing. but not really needed, we can send each other pictures of the functions/features that one must find, be available.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-12 07:39:17 (Reply to:ede65)

Hey guys,I spoke with my supplier yesterday and he is the Matco distributor...He informed me that (HE) will still sell Autel Scanners and they  are selling pretty well. He also sells Bosch,Launch, OTC, Carman, and other names that are not included in the Matco Catalogue. His position is matco wants him to push there products but if someone requests a certain item that Matco doesnt carry he still has free reign to supply it....I guess I am lucky to have him as my supplier because if he can find it he will get it...He can also get a Autoland i scan2.....

•   Level 5   
    (222) points
    ls1racer11

2015-07-13 16:58:59

My dealer still sells them I think part of the problem is matco likes to put their name on everything and autel won't give in
  Total2 Pages